Thursday, July 9, 2009

Claude Bristol's, The Magic of Believing.

Hello. Thanks for stopping by.

I'm going to put Claude M. Bristol's, The Magic of Believing, on my blog.
The reason I'm doing this is to share Bristol's ideas which I think would help people in our troubled times. (Aren't they always?)
Claude Bristol lived from 1891 to 1951. He lived through World War I (as a soldier), the Great Depression (as the vice-president of an investment bank which he had to save from bankruptcy) and through World War II.
The ideas Bristol shares in The Magic of Believing originate from the realization he gained when he set out to save his investment bank from bankruptcy: Fearful thoughts were attracting failure to his firm and success thoughts would save it. Given the current economic climate (2009), I think Bristol's advice would help a lot of people, right now.
Claude Bristol died in 1951 and the copyright to his book is 1948. Since 50 years have elapsed since his death, I believe that the copyright to this work has expired. If it's not the case, just leave me a message and I'll remove it from my blog. I'm putting this entire book up here for all to read, free of charge, in the hopes that someone will be helped by it.

See ya!
The Helpful Hermit

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for "The Magic of Believing" text for a long time, and I finally found it!

    Thank you very much for your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something weird about his book. It was published in 1948. He died in 1951. That copyright was renewed - by the author - in 1978, this according to Stanford copyright database. This book is clearly an orphan, if not a false copyright registration. I've not been able to find if he was ever married or had children.
    Thanks for your work on this.

    ReplyDelete